Instagram Reels was launched in August 2020, and it quickly became one of the most popular features on the platform. Reels are short-form videos, up to 90 seconds long, that can be set to music, edited with effects, and shared with others.
In 2020, Reels was especially popular during the COVID-19 pandemic, as people were looking for ways to stay entertained and connected while stuck at home. Reels were used for everything from dance challenges and comedy sketches to educational videos and cooking demos.
Some of the most popular Reels trends in 2020 included:
- Dance challenges: Users would dance to popular songs and post their videos to Reels. This was a great way to stay entertained and show off your dance moves.
- Comedy sketches: Reels were also used to create short, funny videos. This was a great way to make people laugh and brighten up their day.
- Educational videos: Reels were also used to create short, educational videos on a variety of topics. This was a great way to learn new things and share your knowledge with others.
- Cooking demos: Reels were also used to create short, cooking demos. This was a great way to learn new recipes and share your favorite dishes with others.
Reels was a huge success in 2020, and it continues to be one of the most popular features on Instagram today. It’s a great way to be creative, express yourself, and connect with others.
Here are some additional statistics about Instagram Reels in 2020:
- Reels were played over 50 billion times in 2020.
- The average Reels watch time was 34.5 seconds.
- More than 50% of Reels were created by users under the age of 25.
- The top five Reels trends in 2020 were:
- Dance challenges
- Comedy sketches
- Educational videos
- Cooking demos